chnge of ISP but keep the same email address?

palinka 22:41 10 Aug 05

Can someone please clarify once and for all whether this is possible. My friend wants to change from one ISP to another (he's moving to broadband and what his current dial-up ISP offers is more expensive).
Is it possible to set things so that one's friends still send emails to [email protected] and yet they are received at [email protected]?
I've always understood that it's not possible, but things I've read in this forum from time to time have made me wonder.
I solved the problem years ago by using Bigfoot, so even when I change ISPs my email address remains [email protected], but I would like to know if there are other ways of dealing with this. issue.

octal 23:05 10 Aug 05

Normally when you change ISP you lose your email address unless its with Lycos, Hotmail or in your case Bigfoot. The only way to hold on to the old email address is if the old ISP offer a pay as you go dialup account, but that is a clumsy way of doing things.

octal 23:06 10 Aug 05

The other option if you can set up a pay as you go account is to forward the emails from the old account to the new one, but you would still have to activate the pay as you go account occasionally.

palinka 11:14 11 Aug 05

thank you very much, octal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…