chkdsk/f. error

vin 21:29 30 Apr 07

Hi there to all,

I have been trying to run disk defrag but error comes up stating chkdsk is set to run on C drive and advises me to run chkdsk/f.

Can some one help me to get rid of the problem. I have tried to run disk defrag in safe mode but I have same problem.

Please help.

Regards, Vin.

woodchip 21:33 30 Apr 07

So why do you not run chkdsk/f. as Defrag will not work until you do. It as found errors on your Hard Drive.

Double Click My computer Right click on C:\ Tools chkdsk/f tick the box to do a full check then restart the comnputer, after the notice should go away

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:16 30 Apr 07

Check Disk Prevent Upon Boot (Line 294) click here
Disable Autochk click here

woodchip 22:24 30 Apr 07

Read this line again

"I have been trying to run disk defrag but error comes up stating chkdsk is set to run on C drive and advises me to run chkdsk/f."

phono 22:34 30 Apr 07

If there are errors in the file system a defragment could cause serious problems, as a result Windows is advising you to carry out a check on your disk drive for file system errors.

If you are having a problem running this check it may be because you are typing chkdsk/f, the correct version is chkdsk /f in other words, you need a space between the chkdsk and the /f part of the command, hope all that isn't too confusing.

vin 18:43 02 May 07

Thank you to all who have posted a solution to this problem. I have ran the scan disk and I am able to run disk defraf.
On my old pc. the scan disk came in on start up when it needed but for some reason this pc does not.

Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5