CHKDSK runs each time I start PC

HXP 19:42 15 Jan 05

Hi,

Windows XP, Athlon 3.7 1GB ram 2 x SATA drive c = 80gb d = 160 gb

When I start machine it does a chkdsk on the d drive each time - finds no errors and machine boots & runs ok.

Tried to do a defrag on D and it saysir is unable to run as chkdsk is scheduled. and to run chkdsk /f ( the /f - run chkdsk on drive f which is a dvd drive - odd) tried to run chkdsk f but doesn't run - neither does chkdsk f

Looked in sheduled tasks and not in there

It just adds x seconds to the boot up process - any idea's anyone - is windows confused or id my HDD failing - brand new machine 2 months old

Thanks

HXP

stalion 19:44 15 Jan 05

go to run type msconfig,start up and see if it is listed if so untick it

VoG II 19:47 15 Jan 05
  HXP 16:24 16 Jan 05

I have follwed advice on Microsoft page & checked msconfig but that has not fixed. Have contacted Carrera who supplied the machine and they are already advising me to back up data ....

Looks like might be a reformat unless someone can save the day !!

Thanks to all

HXP

HXP 00:31 18 Jan 05

Thanks to all as before but the solution was simple and thanks to the tech support at Carrera who advised the following

run chkdsk D: /f from the command ( dos prompt ) this broke the loop and windows now boots up fine.

Terrific support from Carrera

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…