chkdsk runs after every defragmentation in win2k

two00lbwaster 13:06 20 Apr 03

ive checked mskb and their rather helpful conclusion is to 'update' to xp which doesnt have the problem. (ive posted a thread in consumerwatch with my greivences). was hoping that some rather more knowledgable fellow on the forum could suggest some alternatives

spikeychris 15:08 20 Apr 03

I haven't looked at you previous post but you could stop the chkdsk from running by typing "chkntfs /x c:" into cmd from run. The "C" parameter is on the condition that Windows is sat on the "C" drive.

Chris

powerless 15:14 20 Apr 03
  two00lbwaster 16:37 20 Apr 03

yeah have that link in the other post thanks powerless, thus the title of it being 'OMG are microsoft taking a urine sample or what'.

right i removed the 300oddMB zipped dload of america's army to cd and deleted it i then ran regcleaner 4.3 and deleted a bad copy of nero burning rom and all redundent entries in the registry also ran spybot 1.2 removed some more reg entries, removed everything in disk cleanup

result it works no more chkdsk after defragmenting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…