Chkdsk running as blank screen instead of GUI

STRETFORDEND08 17:11 31 Dec 08

Hi, can someone please tell me how you set chkdsk to run as GUI instead of the blank screen? cant seem to remember and prefer to see what stage its upto rather than waiting for windows to suddenly appear. Thanks

Bapou 17:30 31 Dec 08

This what you want?

Open My Computer - Right click on drive to be checked - Properties - Tools - Error Checking- Check Now. Say Yes to DSKCHK on next Restart.

Restart yor computer.

You could run a CMD from Run but you would still have to restart computer.

Bapou 17:31 31 Dec 08

Forgot to mention - Tick both boxes for checking for errors and repair after Check Now.

Peter 18:33 31 Dec 08

Which version of Windows are you running? I have found that with XP if you set your BOOT.INI to /NOGUIBOOT, when CHKDSK is run at boot up it is run blind and then Windows XP starts. You do not get any indication as to the result of chkdsk.

If this is your situation run MSCONFIG from the Run option off the Start button. On the BOOT.INI tab untick the /NOGUIBOOT button. You will need to reboot and this should clear your problem.

Peter.

STRETFORDEND08 19:52 01 Jan 09

PETER - thats exactly what i was looking for, thank you very much mate

Peter 01:30 02 Jan 09

"Glad to be of service" as the Hitch Hickers Guide to the Galaxy doors would say.

Green Tick for Resolved please.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…