chkdsk problems

MMN DESIGN 20:18 28 Jan 06

I went to run a chkdsk on my computer today, and it said that it could not gain access to the file

Please Assist

MMN DESIGN 20:19 28 Jan 06

i have my error reporting service disabled.....Could this be the problem??????

howard63 20:19 28 Jan 06

try starting in safe mode and see if it works

MMN DESIGN 20:29 28 Jan 06

no, this did not work. It told me that it cannot open volumje for direct access. What service is related to the chkdsk action?????

Wuggy 20:48 28 Jan 06

If you are running Windowa XP and looking to run chkdsk on your C: drive Windows will not allow it to run beacuase many system files are in use by Windows. You should be given an option to run a disk check at next boot up. Click OK and when you reboot chkdsk will run before XP loads.

MMN DESIGN 21:18 28 Jan 06

Yes, I did try this and it did ask me to do it at the next system boot. But in the above reply it said it could not open the volume for direct access.

MMN DESIGN 21:20 28 Jan 06

windows booted, and the blue screen came on, it said a chkdsk had been set to run, but when it tried to do it, it gave me the above mentioned note.

Wuggy 22:19 28 Jan 06

Have you been previously able to carry out a chkdsk?
If so have you installed any programs since the last time you ran it which may be causing the problem. I seem to remember about a year ago that the then current version of Zone Alarm prevented chkdsk from running. I think it was version 5.5****. If you have an older version of Zone Alarm it might be worthwhile downloading the latest version.

MMN DESIGN 13:25 02 Feb 06

Thank you all for your responses and support in this matter. It is once again greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…