CHKDSK /F HARD DRIVE CORRUPTION ? ERROR MESSAGE

nerdrockstar 09:42 28 Jun 07

Good Morning

Thanks for looking at my post.

I was wondering if you can help.

During 2007 I have been receiving the below message on several occasions which has led to my Pc been replaced 8 times, profile wiped 5 times, my roaming profile been taking away. Cables and sockets have been changed and I am still getting this message.

Does anybody know why my pc is not stating in the morning and getting this error message?

I have loads of programs on my PC like Roxio this was taken out but I have been told this was not the problem.
I have several macros which I thought maybe was the problem but I am clueless?

Has anybody come across this?

How do we solve this?

Your help or any feedback would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Simon

Message (Sorry about all capitals)

***STOP : 0X000007B (0XF8871030, 0XC0000102, 0X00000000
ACCESSIBLE BOOT _DEVICE

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

CHECK FOR VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER, REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARD DRIVES OR HARD DRIVE CONTROLLERS. CHECK YOUR HARD DRIVE TO MAKE SURE IT IMPROPERLY CONFIGURED AND TERMINATED.

RUN CHKDSK /F TO CHECK FOR HARD DRIVE CORRUPTION, AND THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER/
REFER TO YOUR GETTING STARTED MANUAL FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TROUBLESHOOTING STOP ERRORS

brundle 09:59 28 Jun 07

Find out what make of drive you have, run diagnostic software on the drive ; click here

nerdrockstar 10:58 28 Jun 07

My PC is a Compaq Evo 510 small form factor.

The file in the syatem 32 just keep on disapearing.

Sorry not good on IT just having a nightmare.

johndrew 11:28 28 Jun 07

It may help to do the following:

Open up a CLI Window (Start menu -> Select Run -> type in CMD)
Now type in the following:

FSUTIL DIRTY QUERY C: (followed by the enter key)

(assuming that C: is your boot drive)

If it tells you that your drive is dirty then...

Go back to the CLI window and type in the following

CHKNTFS /X C: (followed by the enter key) - This will stop the disk check on the next reboot

Now reboot your computer: let it reboot and open up another CLI - type in the following:

CHKDSK /F /R C: (followed by the enter key) - Let is scan and check your computer fully

Once it has done so type in the follwoing again as in the first step

FSUTIL DIRTY QUERY C:

The drive bit will be set to clean again

Depending on the size and content of your drive this may take some considerable time, possibly hours, so go and have a cup of tea and be very patient.

nerdrockstar 11:57 28 Jun 07

Hi, thanks for your reply

The following steps and testing have been taken when I get this error on my PC.

When it Blue Screens it will not boot up (even in safe mode), to fix the fault the PC is booted up in DOS and disk check is run to fix any errors. This fixes the problem but the PC will then Blue Screen again maybe a day or 2 days later and the same fix is applied. Or what had been done initially is the PC was replaced with a new one.

This is about the 8th different Evo that has been used. The Hard drive has been replaced, the DVD drive has been removed, scans for viruses and adware have been performed (nothing found boot sector and registry included). Software has been not been installed when rebuilt (Roxio & OminPage). I have been stopped from using Spreadsheets that contain macro's. All of these actions have not stopped the PC from Blue screening.

There is no problem fixing the blue screen when it happens, we are stuck on what is causing the problem. We have covered every avenue we can think of. The PC has now been moved to a different location to rule out power and network.

Any thoughts?

johndrew 15:32 28 Jun 07

Have you tried `CHKDSK /F /R C:`? It will repair any corrupt files and recover any data it can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…