CHKDSK at every boot up

Pamy 10:44 08 Jul 07

Hello everyone, I am sure this question has been asked before but I cannot find it. The other day the BSOD popped up and said windows had found a fault (driver) and would have to close. I re-booted and CHKDSK did its thing and all was well again. Now every time I boot up CHKDSK wants to do its thing, Can someone please tell me how to stop this unnecessary check at each boot up?

birdface 10:58 08 Jul 07

Googled.click here

tobyb121 10:58 08 Jul 07

This seems to be a fix:
1. click on your start menu and open the run dialog.
2. type "cmd" and return (note: dont enter quotes)
3. Next type "fsutil dirty query C:"
4. If the return message indicates that the volume is dirty go to step 5
5. Next type "chkdsk C: /f /x"
6. After that finshes repeat step 3.
7. If it is no longer dirty then reboot and you should notice no more
ckdisk.

It is from this site click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:00 08 Jul 07

click here seems to work.

G

Pamy 11:08 08 Jul 07

Thanks guys, will give it a try and report back latter

Pamy 11:22 08 Jul 07

Hey guys, buteman, tobyb121, GANDALF <|:-)>, many thanks for directing me to site and answer to my problem. C: was not dirty so I did it again for D: which was dirty. Followed instructions and it booted up this time without CHKDSK. Have printed instuctions for future ref.
Thanks again for quick responce and answers.

Pamy

johndrew 16:47 08 Jul 07

A word of warning.

I suffered this same problem on and off for some months until my HDD failed. I would suggest you ensure that everything is backed up. I had literally just replaced the HDD in question (I cloned the new one from it) when it failed during formatting.

I was very lucky. Even though I use Acronis for backing up, it is easier to clone an active drive than create a new drive from a backup, which may be a couple of weeks old, and have the problem of recovering lost information and updating everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…