chkdsk

AJ28 17:45 27 Dec 05

Simply put....trying to use the software for my sony mp3 player "connect"
it has always worked fine untill today when im getting the message popping up in the bottom right from the tasks saying that a file is corrupt please run the "chkdsk" utility. I have run this several times and to no avail...

Stuartli 17:46 27 Dec 05

Are you able to uninstall the software and then reinstall it?

AJ28 18:14 27 Dec 05

i tried reinstalling and it stays the same

Skyver 18:15 27 Dec 05

Does the message say which file is corrupt?

AJ28 18:24 27 Dec 05

it did yes, after running a registry checker off tune up, it doesnt seem to be displaying the message any more, but the software still isnt working (library of songs are not appearing)

Skyver 18:39 27 Dec 05

Is it this? click here
Is your music library exclusively downloads, or does it have stuff you've grabbed off CD too?

AJ28 18:43 27 Dec 05

that is the one, and it did have both downloads and cds in there....

AJ28 18:51 27 Dec 05

there isnt any third party software, not specifically for sony or apples ipods and any others is there?

Skyver 18:57 27 Dec 05

I was going to suggest it may have lost your DRM info, the licenses to play/copy the downloaded tracks but that's obviously not the case if you have both.
Isn't there some sort of `re-scan library` option amongst the settings?

I can't say I know of any other software, especially if the Sony software uses a special protocol to communicate with the mp3 player. There is an IPod plugin for Winamp, maybe someone has written one for Sony too click here

AJ28 19:05 27 Dec 05

thanx for the help, ill have a look for the win amp plugin....

ive tried to import albums back into the library and they just wont go in....some file seems to be missing....ive uninstalled and ill install again and if the message comes back up ill let you know...

AJ28 19:26 27 Dec 05

CJobAtCdBurnVirtualWindow: TinyHttp.exe - Corrupt File

The file or directory \Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\CdWalkman\Temp\CDR_FORMAT is corrupt and unreadable.
Please run the Chkdsk ulility

Exactly how it is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…