chipset and bios drivers

hi, how do i check if i have the bios and chipset drivers correct for my pc, which has had a lot of bits changed?
i have looked at the hp site, asus site and amd site, is there any way if checking? if i run the h/p software checker it says no new updates, but i have never updated any drivers other than nvidia and one for my sound card.
i do have amd dual core optimiser, is this my cpu driver?
and is my chipset driver in with the nvidia gforce driver?
excuse my lack of knowledge
thanks
adam

MAJ 15:30 17 Mar 07

What problems are you having that makes you think you need new drivers?

only happened twice, when i started pc, on both occasions, after about 5 minutes, complete crash and unable to do anything, just get continuous beeps (on award bios means no memory/ memory faulty) leave it 5 mins, reboot and no probs can throw anything you like at it!
i reseated all my ram, hsf, grx card etc and used pc for 5 hours of gaming last night i thought my problems were sorted, but the same thing happened at 5 this morning, so iguessed on mobo failure (have tested ram btw) but since then it has been running as sweet as, i took cmos battery out this morning.
i have upgraded from amd 3500+ to 5200 x2 and had no problems until yesterday i have messed about with a lot of things but this is foxing me!!
suppose i'll have to wait see if it happens in the morning, any suggestions greatfully recieved as always
adam

spec:
compaq presario sr1909 uk
asus a8m2n le mo
amd 64 5200 x2, temp idle core0 27c core 1 29
load core0 39c core1 43c
nvidia 6150 le chipset
4x 512m ddr2 533 ram
nvidia 7600 gt gpu
hiper 530 watt psu
oh and award bios
thanks again

again its been on all day with no problems at all, i have just stress tested every piece of hardware i have with pc doctor, and evrything passed, all temps fine etc, it seems to be a start up problem, i used to get lock ups coming out of sleep with vista, very puzzling?

woodchip 23:25 17 Mar 07

BIOS does not have drivers. BIOS resides in the CMOS chip on the motherboard, this can be updated with Bios Update but should not be changed unless you are having problems with some hardware

woodchip 23:29 17 Mar 07

Lockups can be a Video driver, try getting a new Driver for the Graphics chipset. If it's onboard Graphics you should go first to the Computer Manufacturers Web sit. For a Card you should go there. Memory on the Graphics can also be faulty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5