chipped and non chipped inkjet cartridges???????

fredo3 10:17 21 Feb 04

Can someone cast light on the above subject.

Whats the advantage of chipped over non chipped inkjet consumables?

Thanks in advance

Indigo 1 10:29 21 Feb 04

chipped cartriges allow you to monitor the ink levels and non chipped are cheaper but run out without warning.

Meshuga 10:33 21 Feb 04

It is not a question of advantages so much as if your printer is designed for chipped cartridges
you dont have the option of using non chipped.The object by the manufacturer is to make you use their original carts . The chips control the function of indicating how much ink you have left
and to try and stop you refilling them since if you do the indicator then doesn`t work although there are Rechippers on the market. Regads, Meshuga.

fredo3 10:40 21 Feb 04

ok thanks guys

de_de 10:45 21 Feb 04

I would avoid buying a printer which uses chipped cartridges. I have a Lexmark printer which uses chipped only, and as Meshuga says, it won't accept anything else. Its all very well having pretty graphics showing you the ink levels, buts whats wrong with just waiting until the printed copies become crap? At least you definately know the cartridge has run out. On mine, there is still ink left in the cartridge, even when the graphics, and an american accented women says its empty.

jz 12:49 21 Feb 04

Which manufacturers make printers that use non-chipped cartridges?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…