chipped ink cartridges

dfghjkl 18:02 08 Feb 04

i have a lexmark x1130,i have just read another thread and i belive these are "chipped" cartridges.firstly what does this mean?and second ,can i buy a refil kit,and refill?if not,what are my options apart from lexmark originals?does anyone else out there run one of these multifunction machines.?one last question,you get the smaller (16+26,)with the new machine,but can i use the larger ink cartridges(17+27)?thanks.peter.

hugh-265156 18:09 08 Feb 04

the chip monitors the ink levels and gives a visual display usually.also makes them more expensive to replace and if you want to refil you may need to buy a chip re setter.

my advice is dont bother with refils.

these guys have great customer service and ink in compatable carts is top quality,cheap too. click here

hugh-265156 18:13 08 Feb 04

ps.if you cant find the cart for your model email them.they are very helpful.

LAP 18:45 08 Feb 04

Agree with huggyg71 we run 2 C62's on Choice compatibles. I have just ordered an Epson R300 and before it has arrived the order has already gone into 'Choice' for extra cartridges.

TBH1 20:51 08 Feb 04

I feel you will have problems with Lexmark 'clone' cartridges - -they took out some kind of injunction a few months ago - -and won. I noticed that my preferred supplier, choicestationary, only supplied originals. Did my homework before I bought an Epson CX3200 all in one jobbie.

pat2068 21:36 08 Feb 04

i am the mug that tried to fill chipped cartrages can anyone tell me if it will work when they show empty even though they are full leo

holly polly 21:44 08 Feb 04

i use choice now for the compatiables for my epson c82 ,the service is first class the quality of the prints is as good if not better than the originals ,the aftercare service is excellent ,only the other day i questioned with them how long the magneta cartridge lasted ,there was a complimentry replacement in the post the same night ,need i say more -Hol Pol.....

dfghjkl 21:49 08 Feb 04

thanks for your advice.leo the lion,why dont you put it in and try,post back

i have an epson c62 i have been using ocmpatibles for some time but they are print-rite the black is brilliant but i'm not very pleased with the colour.Can someone tell me where i can get hold of the price list for choices ink, thank you.

Wak 09:31 09 Feb 04

Try the web site at click here

Sheila-214876 11:53 09 Feb 04

Just read my Spring 2004 PC Advisor (came through my letterbox on Friday) There is an article on refilling ink cartridges, worth a read. Is the Lexmark X1130 a new printer, if so it takes the compatible manufacturers about 6 months before they have them available. Neither of my two suppliers (Choice and Tonezone) have compatibles available at present but they do have refill kits with instructions. Choice at click here and Tonezone at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…