chip and refill cartridges for Canon PIXMA iP5200?

garymcginty 09:01 23 Mar 06

I need to refill Canon PIXMA iP5200 cartridges,
the chip dosent allow me to refill... when i refill the printer doesnt recognise the filled cartridge.

Can anyone point me in the refill kits for Canon PIXMA iP5200?

thanks in advance,
G

Diemmess 10:24 23 Mar 06

Try for a selection of chip resetters by putting "chip resetter canon" into Google.

They do the job, but frankly I believe look-alike cartridges are better value and certainly much less fuss.

Smiler 14:09 23 Mar 06

I don't think they can be reset

this site click here only shows epson as resettable

chub_tor 19:18 23 Mar 06

Unless things have changed in the past few weeks I think that you will find that as yet there are no compatible cartridges or resetters for the Canon ip5200 click here

lotvic 23:34 24 Mar 06

Refill Instructions
Canon PGI-5BK, CLI-8 Cartridges
click here
(""This cartridge has a chip. When you reinsert the cartridge back into the printer you will get some pop up boxes asking you questions about using the cartridge again. Just answer all the questions until your cartridge is accepted. The cartridges will print fine but your ink level gauge will not indicate a full cartridge."")

some info on this site:
click here

partial quote""On the CLI-8 series cartridges, there is an electronic counter embedded in a small computer chip/board. This counter starts at a high number and decreases for every character printed. Eventually, the counter reaches zero. At this point, an error message is generated by the printer. If you click "OK" to the error message, the printer will continue to print. However, the ink level display will not show correctly with that cartridge. But that is something we have to live with. For most people, it is a small price to pay for a vastly lowered cost of printing.

* It is important to avoid air bubbles from forming in the lower sponge.
* It is important is that the seal be air-tight when you finish -- otherwise you'll have a slow leak.
* This cartridge does not have a printhead -- only an ink reservoir.
* This cartridge can be refilled typically 8 to 12 times. ""

Strawballs 15:25 25 Mar 06

click here Try here at these prices who needs to risk getting ink everywhere

The Spires 10:17 27 Mar 06

I do check round the sites I have for compatibles for the Canon 4200/5200 range but it looks like they may never be available. I have bought 2 sets of genuine cartridges since I had the Canon 4200 last November and the quality of printing is extremely good. After using Epson printers for some years with compatibles I had blocked jets on a regular basis & used more ink cleaning the print head that printing but the Canon has been flawless also very light on ink. I am coming round to the idea that buying 4 sets of genuine cartridges a year is not the end of the world esp. since I have had no blocked jets or problems at all with the Canon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…