Chinese character translation in Outlook express

Newuser2478 20:16 05 Feb 03

I have recently received an E-mail from a Chinese friend.Unfortunately, my Outlook Express cannot display Chinese characters.I have another computer that has Chinese win 98. How do I read the Chinese on my English computer or transfer the E mail to my Chinese computer without a network connection?
I can read Chinese writing.

Cordy13 20:23 05 Feb 03

Can you forward the email to the other comp.?

MichelleC 11:07 06 Feb 03

Use 'export' facility in oe to transfer email via floppy. Or copy chinese translater (log on any chinese site which will ask if you want to download translater with english pc.

MartinT-B 11:14 06 Feb 03

To display the characters go to windows update, scan and choose the appropriate option from the windows link on the left.

Then copy paste into a translation site.

MartinT-B 11:14 06 Feb 03

forget the last commetn, just noticed you can read Chinese!

MichelleC 11:34 06 Feb 03

...when I say 'translater' I mean the utility which is able to read chinese characters. Log onto to any chinese site.

Newuser2478 21:54 06 Feb 03

I was told to go to View > encoding > more.this gives a list of languages including Chinese.
Thanks for your help

jediknight007 23:31 06 Feb 03

There is this font which you can download which will allow you to copy and paste chinese writing into Microsoft Word, Wordpad etc... I can't remember the exact name of it but it was something like MingLiU. It was very useful since in a lot of translation sites, they give you the chinese words but in font sizes such as 6! So if you paste this into Word, you can just change the font of the writing to make it easier to copy or read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…