cheese on my keyboard

pharte 23:34 04 Oct 04

I've gone oveboard on the welsh rabbit and dripped the oliy stuff and melty cheese all over my keyboard after dropping it and it landing cheese side down.

Ok stop laughing and give me some ideas other than unplug it and see if there are any charachters left on the keys after the dogs have finished licking it off.

Acctually I think the best thing to do mate, is to get a new un....cheap as chips...Probably not cheap as chips and cheese...

Noelg23 23:37 04 Oct 04

dont let the dogs lick it!!! you need to get that keyboard cleaned...your in need of some serious cleaning products...can someone please advise our friend here of what to get?

VoG II 23:38 04 Oct 04

Are you after saving the keyboard or the rarebit?

pharte 23:44 04 Oct 04

sod it, i'll leave it overnight and see if the think still works ok.

Thanks for the "food for thought "

Djohn 01:12 05 Oct 04

If you find it is unpleasant to use then try the following, if it does not work you can buy yourself a new keyboard so nothing to lose.

Place the keyboard in a bowl of warm soapy water, scrub well with a soft brush then rinse. Shake out as much water as you can and use a hairdryer to dry as much as poss. Place in a warm place, [Airing cupboard] overnight and make sure it is absolutely dry before plugging back in.

It worked for me with a cheep keyboard last year after spilling coffee all over it. I bought a new decent keyboard but still have the other one as a backup, it works perfect.

Forum Editor 01:37 05 Oct 04

a good wash in warm soapy water, as Djohn suggests. It really is very important to get the whole thing bone dry again before you try to use it though.

I've done it on many occasions - usually after accidents with coffee, or Red Bull (the Forum Editor's friend).

The Spires 09:54 05 Oct 04

I bought a decent keyboard a few weeks ago after using a cheap one for quite a while. To date I have spilled two cups of tea over it, why this never happened with my cheap one I do not know.

Sethhaniel 09:59 05 Oct 04

removing all keys first
as its one mighty task to get them all back in the correct places - :)

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:30 05 Oct 04

not really if you know your qwerty off my heart,someone in school took the keys out,re-aranged them so they said naughty words - and Sethhaniel - don't you dare phone my IT teacher and say it was me,it wasn't.

Sethhaniel 10:49 05 Oct 04

I used mine to play scrabble ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…