Checking which sound card I have

ZX81user 20:31 17 Jun 03

I have a new computer and have a post that I wanted to make about a sound issue. In thinking about the post I wanted to specify which sound card I had - and it is not as simple as I thought!

I think I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum. Certainly the drive bay contains a Creative Audigy 2 drive, but I wanted to check that it was a platinum one. Easy I thought I will check in Device Manager - but that does not say Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum - it says "Creative SB Audigy". In addition when I use the creative product registration it detects "Soundblaster Audigy 2". So how do I make sure which one I have got?

Jomi 20:35 17 Jun 03

Go start/programs/accessories/ entertainment and click on volume control.

When the vol control pane opens, check the bottom left hand corner. It gives the type but I'm not sure if it'll give all you need.

ZX81user 20:47 17 Jun 03

Nope - thanks for responding but that gives the same data that I have had from another attempts, which is SB Audigy Audio (C400). Does that signify a SB Audigy 2 Platinum - if it does why does it not say so?

Jomi 20:59 17 Jun 03

I don't know, I'd hoped that the info I gave would do it.
I'm sure someone will help though.

PSF 21:50 17 Jun 03

I have a standard Audigy card, in the audio properties it is called 'SB Audigy Audio FF60'.

Using AIDA32 it gives the full description as 'Creative Audigy Player Sound Card PCI'

If you download AIDA32 from: click here you can then check all the hardware on your pc .

ZX81user 00:02 18 Jun 03

Thanks for the reference - I have downloaded the software as it was the sort of thing that I was looking for anyway - but does not taken me any further forward as it just tells me that it is an Audigy device ie Creative Labs EMU10K2 Audigy Audio Processor.

I think I will apply for a job writing manuals for computer companies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…