Checking emails on a remote computer

cruiser2 18:04 22 Apr 10

What do I have to do to log on using another computer which is in another part of the country, say at an internet cafe. I may have to use this facility to view and print some information which is being sent to me by email while I am away from home.
Many thanks for any help

Sea Urchin 18:09 22 Apr 10

You would have to go to the webmail site of your mail provider where you can access your incoming mail.

cruiser2 18:14 22 Apr 10

How do I get to the webmail site of my mail provider on a different computer.
What information will I need?

Sea Urchin 18:21 22 Apr 10

Just the website address - which is your mail provider?

Sea Urchin 18:35 22 Apr 10

Plus you'll need the password to access your email account

johnincrete 18:46 22 Apr 10

My email account with hotmail & gmail were opened when I lived in England. Now I live in Crete I do exactly the same as I did in England. I type click here and up comes Hotmail. Then I type in my userid & password - all exactly the same as when I was in England. I've resisted access via cell phone - that's far too "High Tech" for me!
When I access email from a computer other than my home one, and I come up with a site or email I want to investigate later at home, I just email myself with URL's or forward emails Hotmail to GMail or vice verca. I bet some expert will come up with a better way but it serves its purpose.

FRANKMAC 19:10 22 Apr 10

You dont say which email service you use at the moment, this may be accessible from other computers. But failing that i agree that one of the easiest to set and use is Gmail. click here

Go to this page, bottom right hand corner, click create account, 5 mins and you will be up & running.

cocteau48 19:14 22 Apr 10

Have a look at this:click here

exdragon 19:14 22 Apr 10

You could always use mail2web.com. You don't need an account, just your email address and password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5