checking bandwidth on a Sky router

peanuts4me 15:38 22 Aug 07

Hi,
I'm using the Shaplus bandwidth meter version 1.1, to check on my own bandwidth but, unless this is installed on each of our home PCs and the monthly bandwidth totals are added together (there are privacy issues here .. LOL ..), I cannot find the total upload/download of the house network.
We are on Sky, using their Netgear DG834GT ADSL router - is there a way to tap into the Internet flow and take the measurements I want?
It is partly curiousity and partly a need to be able to measure our traffic and, eventually, to check that we are on the best Broadband deal - if we are buying a package that is far greater than we need then we are chucking good cash away.
Cheers,
Peanuts4me :-))>

T I M B O 22:23 10 Jun 09

click here

click here

Try these. The top one will give you the current speed upload & download. The 2nd link will indicate to you what you download in a month & it has a download speed tester also. Hope this is what you want.

bremner 16:04 28 Mar 11

Sky have an online usage monitor which you access through your My Sky.

This shows how much of your monthly allowance you are using.

ps Bandwidth and usage are totally different things.

Kevscar1 07:58 30 Mar 11

bremner
It doesn't check if you are on the unlimited usage package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…