Check XP activation ? (how)

chriscross72 12:29 15 Oct 05

I have recently bought a new Emachines 4020 pc
It has XP home preinstalled on it and i was wondering how to check if windows had been activated....i believe that suppliers pre load and activate windows en was bought from 'Staples' office supplies
If i remember correctly there is something i can type in thet takes me to the activation was something like 'msoobe\oobe\a' but i cannot remember the correct way to type it..
Also why do i not have an actual copy of windows home on cd ? how would i reinstall windows if the pc hard drive needed reformatting ?

unbent 12:47 15 Oct 05

well if the product need activation the activation screen would appear onm start i dont htink it does, but the run command ur thinkin bout is oobe/msoobe /a so u wer nearly right:)

umm an about the u not have a recovery disk? many pre made comps wont provide u with the actual xp disck but will provide u witht a recovery disk that acts in the same way...

sharkfin 12:56 15 Oct 05

Start> All programs> Accesseories> System Tools> Activate windows

It will tell you if you need to activate or not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…