Check program folders usage and tidy

collinsc 14:34 16 Feb 13

Hi My programs folder is using 274GB - i don't consider that i have a great deal of programs, but something is using a lot of space.

Is there a way to find programs that are installed that i have not used in a while? control panel>uninstall>last used on does not appear to show a date...

also, there used to be a program that showed you the GB usage on a drive and then in which folders - it was called something 'tree'...? does anyone know what i mean!? or know of a similar program.

Thanks Chris

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:56 16 Feb 13

You're probably thinking of Treesize, tha ndosme other here

http://lifehacker.com/5835082/five-best-hard-drive-space-analyzers

collinsc 16:26 16 Feb 13

thanks fruitbat. i've just downloaded windirstat - it is still searching... it appears as though my nero autobackup is 2.4TB+ !

By drillingdown i can see lots of folders, with dates 'local autobackup' - i had not realised i had been backing up usnig nero - i generally back up using ext HD but am considering backing up online too - advice appreciated... can i stop nero backup, delete folders and then back up on ext HD whilst i consider my options to backup online?

thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Honor 5X review: Hands-on with the new budget phone from Hauwei's young brand

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…