Check program folders usage and tidy

collinsc 14:34 PM 16 Feb 13

Hi My programs folder is using 274GB - i don't consider that i have a great deal of programs, but something is using a lot of space.

Is there a way to find programs that are installed that i have not used in a while? control panel>uninstall>last used on does not appear to show a date...

also, there used to be a program that showed you the GB usage on a drive and then in which folders - it was called something 'tree'...? does anyone know what i mean!? or know of a similar program.

Thanks Chris

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:56 PM 16 Feb 13

You're probably thinking of Treesize, tha ndosme other here

collinsc 16:26 PM 16 Feb 13

thanks fruitbat. i've just downloaded windirstat - it is still searching... it appears as though my nero autobackup is 2.4TB+ !

By drillingdown i can see lots of folders, with dates 'local autobackup' - i had not realised i had been backing up usnig nero - i generally back up using ext HD but am considering backing up online too - advice appreciated... can i stop nero backup, delete folders and then back up on ext HD whilst i consider my options to backup online?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…