Check this out ~ Complete Internet Repair...

Graphicool1 14:08 24 Dec 10

Complete Internet Repair...click here

Graphicool1 14:12 24 Dec 10

Complete Internet Repair is a free portable application that attempts to repair everything internet related, including networking problems. The program performs the following tasks:

Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Repair Winsock (Reset Catalog)
Renew Internet connections
Flush DNS Resolver Cache
Repair Internet Explorer
Clear Windows Update History
Repair Windows / Automatic Updates
Repair SSL / HTTPS / Cryptography
Reset Windows Firewall configuration
Restore the default hosts file
Repair Workgroup Computers view
Simply select the task you want to perform and click on the Go button. A summary of the job is displayed after the repair is done.

These tasks can repair a multitude of connection problems such as:

Internet or network problem after removing adware, spyware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.
Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling adware, spyware, antispam, vpn, firewall or other networking programs.
Unable to access any webpage or can only access some webpages.
Pop-up error window with network related problem description.
No network connectivity due to registry errors.
DNS lookup problem.
Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors.
Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message.

Windows update does not work
You are having problems connecting to secured websites (ex. Banking).
Internet Explorer stopped working or crashes all the time.

Other networking problems.
Complete Internet Repair might not be able to repair all problems, but it should be able to help with most situations.

Graphicool1 14:14 24 Dec 10

Always remember to set a 'System Repair Point' before making any changes to the PC system.

logoff 14:30 24 Dec 10

Graphicool1 -have you used it ? Does it work? Is it free?

Graphicool1 14:40 24 Dec 10

I'll answer the last question first...
"Complete Internet Repair is a FREE portable application that attempts to repair everything internet related, including networking problems."

As for the second and third question...
I only received the newsletter telling me about it, at 14.07. I posted the details on PCA, then downloaded it. I will of course be installing it shortly and checking it out.

I will post an update, but in the meantime don't let me stop you or anyone else checking it out for yourself. After all, as we all know in the PC world, one man's food is another man's garbage.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:43 24 Dec 10

The programme is free and extremely useful as it can be run from a USB drive. It is 6 or 7 seperate programmes under one 'roof'. I've tried it and the only thing is that it will connect you to the developer's site whenever you use it...which is no great shakes and you can simply shut down the web page. Worthwhile to have.

G

Graphicool1 14:46 24 Dec 10

Thanks for that. Merry Xmas G1

Graphicool1 14:53 24 Dec 10

Version: 0.9.3.935
Release Date: December 7th 2010
System Requirements:...
Windows XP,
Windows 2003,
Windows Vista,
Windows 7
Disk Space: 1 MB

Description:

We are living in an Internet age and with any widely used technologies, come a new set of problems. That is why we developed 'Complete Internet Repair' (CIR) to solve these problems as they arrive. CIR does exactly what it says. It attempts to repair everything internet related, including networking problems. With any repair utility, you will need to remember only two golden rules. Firstly; don’t try and repair something that is not broken, you might break it. Secondly; the utility can’t repair it all, we are not like the all-seeing and all-knowing Oracle, we cannot anticipate each and every situation, but this all said, this utility should be able to help with most situations.
Rizone Complete Internet Repair is basically a combination of Internet Recovery KIT and Winsock Repair.

Graphicool1 15:46 24 Dec 10

I Ran 'Repair Internet Explorer 7.0.6000'
This registers the '.dll. files. Normally I run the following script manually, I guess this is also running that same script. But in this case with just one click. What I normally get is a sign telling me that the action completed successfully, but without illumination. But with 'Complete Internet Repair' I got the following explanation...

Graphicool1 15:46 24 Dec 10

--> Repairing Internet Explorer 7.0.6000, Please wait.....
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'actxprxy.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'asctrls.ocx' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'browseui.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'cdfview.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'comcat.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'comctl32.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'corpol.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'cryptdlg.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\custsat.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'digest.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'dispex.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'dxtmsft.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'dxtrans.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'extmgr.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\hmmapi.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'hlink.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'ieaksie.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'ieapfltr.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'iedkcs32.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iedvtool.dll"' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'iedvtool.dll' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'ieframe.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'iepeers.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'ieproxy.dll' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'iesetup.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'imgutil.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'inetcpl.cpl' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'inetcpl.cpl' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'initpki.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'inseng.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'jscript.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'licmgr10.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mlang.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mobsync.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msapsspc.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mscoree.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mscorier.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mscories.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msdbg2.dll' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mshta.exe' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mshtml.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mshtmled.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msident.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msieclick here' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msnsspc.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msr2c.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msrating.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'mstime.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'msxml.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'ole32.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'oleacc.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'occache.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'oleaut32.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\pdm.dll"' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'plugin.ocx' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'pngfilt.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'proctexe.ocx' registration succeeded.

Graphicool1 15:49 24 Dec 10

--> RegSvr32.exe: 'scrobj.dll' Error number: 0x80070005
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'sendmail.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'setupwbv.dll' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'shdocvw.dll' Error number: 0x80070005
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'tdc.ocx' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'url.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'urlmon.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'urlmon.dll,NI,HKLM' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'vbscript.dll' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\microsoft shared\vgx\vgx.dll"' Specified module not found
--> RegSvr32.exe: 'webcheck.dll' Module loaded but entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> Fixing 'New tabs page cannot display content because it cannot access the controls'.
--> This is a result of a bug in shdocvw.dll.
--> Registering Outlook Express files.....
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoe.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\oeimport.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\oemiglib.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabfind.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> RegSvr32.exe: '"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabimp.dll"' registration succeeded.
--> Finished repairing Internet Explorer 7.0.6000
--> You will need to reboot your computer before the settings will take effect.

With the old way I wouldn't have known about...
"entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
--> Fixing 'New tabs page cannot display content because it cannot access the controls'.
--> This is a result of a bug in shdocvw.dll."

But now that I do perhaps I'll be able to do somthing about it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…