Cheap/free video converter

orangewhiteblue 11 Apr 12

Hi

I recently bought a Sony HX9V and I also have a Sony Ericsson Ray mobile, I am failing to be able to view video from the mobile and only have limited video editing from the camera with the software provided (PMB). The formats used are M2TS and MPEG4.

Is there an editor that can be recommended which is cheap or even better free?

I don't want anything that has bloatware/spyware.

Cheers

Simon

johnnyrocker 11 Apr 12

i dont have a link for it but try to google "any video convertor"

johnny

buteman 11 Apr 12

Found this but don't know if it is any good or not.

http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/12291-freemakevideoconverter

buteman 11 Apr 12

Probably not what you were looking for so just ignore it.

john bunyan 11 Apr 12

Have a look here:

DVD Flick

rdave13 11 Apr 12

I use FormatFactory. It installs ASK toolbar automatically. So I always close IE after update of FF and uninstall ASK in Programs&Fearures. Bit of a pain but it's a good converter. It's also compatible with most mobile devices.

orangewhiteblue 11 Apr 12

Cheers for the info so far!

Bapou 11 Apr 12

Buteman's suggestion was good. I've used both Format Factory and Freemake Video Converter and find Freemake best of the two. Click Here.

When on the website take the opportunity to download the Video Downloader and Audio Converter as well. The Video Downloader is useful to download clips from YouTube and Vimeo to your hard drive.

You can go and download Clone2Go Free Video Converter to help you. It can be used to convert video files to avi, mpg, flv, etc.

Besides, it features an easy-to-use YouTube downloader, which lets you download videos from YouTube as mp4, flv or 3gp files in a snap.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message