Cheapest MS Office

ch0pper 18:58 07 May 04

Does anyone know where the cheapest source of MS Office suite can be found?

I'm bewildered whenever I try to use Kelkoo or similar.

palinka 19:11 07 May 04

The cheapest source is to have a member of your family in full-time education; or taking an "evening class" in computing; or working in education - eg a teacher.
Then you buy the student edition. If I remeber correctly it will arrive as a box containing the piece of paper that you have to have stamped by the school/college/whatever; when that's done you get the full Office disks from Microsoft.
Our son was at university when we got ours, so we were able to quote his name & uni details and that was that.

woodchip 19:21 07 May 04

I so a 97 version on Comp fair on Monday at £10

byfordr 19:52 07 May 04
  johnnyrocker 20:05 07 May 04

click here free.

Forum Editor 22:25 07 May 04

I wrote the article about the student edition of MS Office, and it was the MS Office UK licencing manager who said that no check as to eligibility was carried out by retailers when selling this edition.

Microsoft says it trusts its customers to be honest when it comes to purchasing, and if you're not a student you shouldn't buy the version intended for students. All of which goes to show that Microsoft is a singularly bad judge of human nature.

ch0pper 22:38 07 May 04

I am, of course, a student of human nature.

I hope that is enough.

And I went to amazon to buy it for £85.

stalion 22:39 07 May 04

here here lol

Simsy 23:09 07 May 04

recently, for Office 2003, Student edition. It says on the box, (if I remember corectly... something that is not a given!), that it can be installed on up to 3 desktop machines.

I assume this only applies to the student edition... It might be useful.

However, if you have an older mahine beware, because it also indicated that the min OS is XP.

byfordr 01:19 08 May 04

Yes it does, you can install it on 3 pcs. Also can confirm there are no checks...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…