Cheapest Landline Broadband

raffen 22:55 28 Jul 03

I have a BT landline & want to connect to low speed broadband. Any advice on the cheapest option at this time?

Rafref

Djohn 23:07 28 Jul 03

Plusnet do one at £18.99 512k click here

shortcircuit 23:44 28 Jul 03

I went with Plusnet for £18.99, It cost a cool £110 to start, but cheap monthly payments after. Will start to benifit in 12 months after paid off the initial outlay.Service is fine and customer service is excellent.I used a PCI modem and it was a doddle to set up. My bro went with Virgin.What he saved in setup cost, he will loose on monthly outgoings but his service is fine as well. Mind you, there are times when Bband is worse than dialup. Must be Bt playing around as it effects my bro as well as me!Overall...Love it!

dipsy 23:51 28 Jul 03

Depends on what you want to do with it. the Plusnet service is restricted, no p2p or binary news groups. Gio internet are offering a package with no restrictions for £18.95 inc VAT. click here
I have just transferred to Metronet who offer a Pay As You Go service which starts at £11.75 a month inc VAT. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…