Cheapest Best Dial Up ISP? Your Suggestions

Nitin 02:06 06 Mar 03

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice re: cheapest best dial-up ISP (poor bloke - can't afford broadband yet). I have a connection with Fast4Net at £6.99 a month (unlimited use)but you can't connect at all times i.e. when you want/the line gets disconnected for some odd reason - what I mean is the service is not very reliable. Any advice welcome. Thanks all.

€dstow 08:11 06 Mar 03

Remember that "cheap" almost always equates with "nasty". This seems especially the case with ISPs and it could be extended to be cheap = very short lived.

€d

cracker23 08:51 06 Mar 03

I am with sniffout,£13.99 a month.Been with them for 5 months and never had any problems with connection.There is a 2 hour cut off but you can re-connect straight away and there is no monthly limit of the time you spend on the net.Another good thing is that you can pay by direct debit, a lot of them want payment by credit card. Hope this helps

roygbiv 15:45 06 Mar 03

I am with giointernet, (over a year now). No complaints, and they are only £7.99 per month, i think they have reduced their "useage rate" (but who hasen't?). Why pay more?
Alan

Nitin 02:15 07 Mar 03

Thanks everyone. For your info, I was with Freeserve £13.99 Anytime package - very reliable. You can join them online but quite annoying when you want to cancel - you have to actually RING between such & such time using a 0870 national rate number to do it - so they can ask you why you are leaving them etc. (which planet are they on?). But everyone welcomes a better deal!

Nitin 02:42 07 Mar 03

Alan, please give a link to GeoInternet. Thanks a lot.

Nitin 06:20 07 Mar 03

It's alright. I have found click here Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…