Cheaper inkjet printing

Ohnjay 15:10 29 Apr 04

I have an Epsom Stylus Colour 880 printer and have always used Epsom printer cartridges. I have seen how much cheaper compatible cartridges are, but I've always been aprehensive about using these alternatives. Any advice on reducing my printer costs would be appreciated.

scooby43 15:13 29 Apr 04

click here

I use this site for my HP printer free delivery providing your in the UK.

Stuartli 15:21 29 Apr 04

I've used Canon compatible JR and Jettec cartridges and refill inks for eight years without any problems; I'm sure there are many forum members who will say the same thing.

My Canon BJC600e has not needed any maintenance in that time (apart from a very occasional print head cleaning session) and is as virtually silent and vibrationless as the day I bought it, despite being used daily.

pj123 15:24 29 Apr 04

I have 3 Epson printers and all my ink and special paper come from Choice Stationery at click here 4 black and 4 colour for the 880 £14.49

Aspman 16:07 29 Apr 04

I use compatables in my Canon MP360 with no problems. I've also used them in an HP 640c with no probs but I used them in my Epson 600 color and it was knackered after 2 weeks.

wallbash 16:22 29 Apr 04

Have Epson stylus photo 750, have used compatible cartridges for years , never had any problems. When replacing (it will die.... oneday)will first check out compatible cartridges and that will determine the printer I will buy!

Smiler 18:23 29 Apr 04

can I ask if you have ever had the cleaning pads changed or cleaned in any of your printers. I ask because I tried to turn my epson stylus photo 895 on the other day but it wouldnt. When I went to move it there was ink all over the desk from the area of the cartridges. Took it to local epson repair centre. They said the pads were full but don't hold out any hope of fixing because it wont turn on. Still waiting for them to get back to me.

wee eddie 19:09 29 Apr 04

The pads are quite difficult to replace and the software needs resetting.

It is an Epson thing!

They can do it but it may be cheaper to buy a replacement printer, suggest to them that HP or Canon will probably be your choice.

The Spires 19:28 29 Apr 04

click here Will reset the printer, the case opens quite easily no screws just plastic clips. Either remove the pads and wash outside preferably or blot them.

Smiler 10:23 30 Apr 04

by following your link I went here click here
this is a forum for the SSC program but I looked through the threads and found this site click here which has service manuals for over 200 printers (all makes) for download at reasonable prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now