Cheap XP discs

setecio 07:45 30 Jun 07

Can cheap XP discs be bought anywhere? The purpose is to have a set of XP discs (home,pro,SP1,SP2,OEM etc) that will allow me to wipe a hard drive and reinstall the legitimate XP that was originally on the computer as I would take a note of the key beforehand. It is for reinstalling XP when no discs came with the computer and I would like to have a set that covers all possibilities.

Am I correct in thinking that the Vista DVD is a one for all DVD that will allow reinstall on any computer instead of the silly XP system where you have to have the correct CD?

Thanks.

User-1159794 08:00 30 Jun 07
  kjrider 12:19 30 Jun 07

See if you can 'borrow' the discs from a friend. As you have your own COA it should be ok.

if not, try your local car boot sales. You might lucky.

Fingees 13:49 30 Jun 07

When you come to using the SP disks, you will only need SP2, as SP1 is included in its programming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…