Cheap and reasonable graphics card

spuds 14:38 26 Feb 06

I believe that I have an on-board graphics card installed on my computer. Previously I was able to use Google Earth, but for some unknown reason I was no longer able to use this programme. Various alternatives was advised via Google help and error messages, but none seem to work.My remaining alternative (according to Google) is to get a 'better' graphics card.

Any suggestions for a straight forward replacement. Not into high speed gaming or fancy high capacity 3 D's. Something cheap and simple, with possible links would be ideal.

Final question: Is it possible to fit an additional graphics card to on-board system!.

Ade_1 14:48 26 Feb 06

Yes it is possible for you to have additional graphics, you will have to disable your onboard graphics once you have a new graphics card.

Do you know what expansion slots you have available so that suggestions for graphics cards can be suited to your needs.

Diversion 15:31 26 Feb 06

Try here next day delivery too click here

clayton 15:55 26 Feb 06

spuds you need to make sure you have an AGP slot on your motherboard some pcs with onboard grahics dont have them.

Starfox 16:03 26 Feb 06

If you have AGP slot then either of these cards will give a good image on Google Earth

click here Cheap and basic

click here Better card,more expensive but worth it for the detail you get with google earth.

rdave13 16:06 26 Feb 06

click here Crucial are good.

spuds 16:07 26 Feb 06

Thanks guys for the information. Need to look at the slot situation later today.

How would you disable the on-board card!.

Starfox 16:08 26 Feb 06

That second link should be click here

rdave13 16:10 26 Feb 06

Usually onboard graffics will auto disable but you will have to check.

rdave13 16:10 26 Feb 06

Graphics I mean.

Gongoozler 16:11 26 Feb 06

You disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS. If you don't have a manual for your motherboard you can probably download one from the makers web site. If you don't know what your motherboard is, download and run Belarc Advisor click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017