Cheap Phone Calls

Gorillaz 20:06 03 Feb 07

I read in one of the the threads about a cheap phone call supplier called something like Jah Jahah. I am moving to India for three months and want to use this service instaed of SKYPE. Does anyone know the correct web address?

Technotiger 20:10 03 Feb 07

Hi, never heard of it, even Google has not got it! Anyway, why not Skype? the best thing since sliced bread.

Jackcoms 20:10 03 Feb 07
  Jackcoms 20:12 03 Feb 07

"even Google has not got it!"

That's funny - I just found it via Google

Technotiger 20:12 03 Feb 07

As usual, I stand corrected! Anyway, thanks Jacksoms, added to my personal knowledge base!

Stuartli 20:18 03 Feb 07

I've always found the information on this website link to be very valuable:

click here,

See near the end of the page.

sinbads 20:26 03 Feb 07

I use 1899 cheap calls click here

Miros 20:34 03 Feb 07

Though Jajah is for connecting landline to landline, I think both party's have to register via a PC and then use a PC to connect. Also I think you will find India is not in the so called free zone.
As above you may be better with skype or. click here

golfpro 09:21 04 Feb 07

"Though Jajah is for connecting landline to landline, I think both party's have to register via a PC and then use a PC to connect."

Not so, You can connect to any land line or mobile No. through Jajah, without the other party being registered to Jajah and without him/her having a PC, I know I use it along with Skype. Just read the FAQs on the Jajah web site it will give you all the info.
The best thing about Jajah though is, that you can connect Mobile to Mobile or landline from anywhere, without the use of a PC. Call prices are about the same as Skype.

Gorillaz 09:50 04 Feb 07

thanks golfpro and everyone else, under normal circumstances I would use Skype but my wife does not want to go anywhere near a PC so Jajah is ideal. Will also use the site mentioned by Stuartli to check rates on a regular basis.

Miros 10:25 04 Feb 07

But if the other party is not registered the call will not be free. See this extract from their web page:
'Please confirm that the number you intend to call belongs to an "active user". An active user is a JAJAH user who has either placed a JAJAH call or sent a text message within the last two weeks.'
The above is given on their web page as a reason for why a call may not be free.

And in any case the calls in India will not be free, see their charges.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5