cheap phone calls

Newuser2 14:09 01 Feb 05

I received an e-mail from Watford Electronics/Sava Centrer a couple of weeks back advertising very cheap phone calls worldwide, all via an access number. I'm just wondering if anyone has used the service and are the calls as cheap as advertised.

Technotiger 14:19 01 Feb 05

Hi, don't know from experience - but - if it seems too good to be true :-) beware, it usually is.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:57 01 Feb 05

Watford are an established retailer. There are also VOIP phone calls which are free or you only pay for the cost of a local call click here and of course you can always use Messenger.

patsyanne 16:32 01 Feb 05

I use Alpha Tell only 10pence to India and 3pence to Australia a minute,

anchor 17:11 01 Feb 05

They too offer cheap calls to a wide range of countries using an access number. No need to register.

click here

beeuuem 17:21 01 Feb 05

India 5p per minute from click here
Australia 2p per minute from click here

From either of the above all geographical calls in UK cost a 1p conection fee - no other charges.

scottishagate 17:26 01 Feb 05

Sign up with Skype! Computer-Computer calls are from. Calls to landlines anywhere in the world only 1.5 Eurocents per minute.

scottishagate 17:27 01 Feb 05

Sorry, meant to say Computer-Computer calls are free.

Newuser2 17:32 01 Feb 05

Thanks one and all for all your replies, I'll think I'll give click here a try.

Danoh 18:47 01 Feb 05

I've used Call18866 for c 6 months now ~ a few times I got a busy tone but the person is not on the phone ~ all lines are used up. If its a prearranged or scheduled call, its annoying and I have had to use another virtual operator. If its not, the prices are pretty competitive for the countries I call. Also, just a penny for connectiing a UK landline call, no other charges for the duration of the call.

I aim to try Skype soon, although that would be limited to other registered Skype users with PCs. Excludes my mum!

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:42 01 Feb 05

You can phone landlines from here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…