Cheap PDAs?

TheTerminator 13:54 20 Feb 04

Is there any particular place which offers cheap PDA's to buy? I've spent a fraught morning wondering around Coventry, and have been disappointed that not one shop other than expensive argos had any in stock.

Any websites you know of would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Indigo 1 17:18 20 Feb 04
  sat481 17:27 20 Feb 04

CAn i also suggest

click here

click here

click here

take care

sat481

spuds 18:50 20 Feb 04

The cheapest PDA that I bought, was the Betacom PDA100 from Staples on promo offer at £9.99 a couple of months ago (;o)

I recently bought a Palm Tungsten E from ebay (brand new) £112.50.
It's a really superb unit, that doubles as an MP3 player too!

TheTerminator 23:29 20 Feb 04

Any more comments on this?
I'm thinking of following suite, they seem superb, and I can't see many weaknesses to this.
So what's the battery life like, and what is the screen (seemingly a good feature) are like?
Thanks

The screen is excellent and as for the battery life, I don't find it too bad, although I have read of complaints on the Palm forums.

Obviously it depends on usage, but in the short few weeks I've had mine I think I have recharged a max of 3 times in a week.

It also gets a trickle charge through the usb cable when connected to the PC.

There is a lot of freeware available from freewarepalm, including Autodimmer which will help with battery life,

click here

The forum is here
click here

Hope you decide to get one, they really are great little PDA's and excellent value for money - PCWorld on-line price £138.99 I believe.

TheTerminator 20:32 22 Feb 04

Ive bought one online from ebay, for 108 quid. I will let you know when i get it this week what it's like...
Also thanks for the weblinks, very useful indeed!

.... for when you get your Palm, Terminator.

Free Addons worth having,

1. BigClock click here
much more flexible, with up to 4 Alarms, 4 Timers/Counters.

2. If you want to store login/password details for web sites/e-banking etc. then YAPS is very good as it uses 256-bit encryption.
click here

If you're going to listen to MP3's on it, then the best/easiest method for transferring the files to the SD/MMC Card is to use a Card Reader/Writer and just drag the files over.
If you don't have one, 7dayshop.com have very good prices for these and the cards.
e.g. this USB2.0 9 in 4 version for £17.99
click here

The case supplied with the Palm is not fully protective, so, a good quality leather case is available in book style or flip case from click here

Enjoy your TE!

TheTerminator 10:25 28 Feb 04

Many thanks for your suggestions. The software you mention seems to be superb. I do like Big Clock! I;m also amazed at how technology has progressed since I got my first pda about 4 years ago. Everything is so much easier to use, the screen, the programs, hot sync. It makes owning a PDA a joy. Magic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac