Cheap PC??

astra46 20:12 26 Oct 04

Hi

A friend of mine is looking for a cheap pc, for surfing the net and doing some letters etc.

Any ideas? I notice that Tesco and Woolworths are selling Time systems what are these like, and what warranty do you get?

DJS-S 20:33 26 Oct 04

Hi. You could try dell.co.uk - A work colleague just bought a fab system with Flat Screen for £161.00+vat and included Windows XP (honest!!) - This was a 1 day only offer though so you would need to keep checking to see what they have on a regular basis. Personally I bought at pretty decent printer direct from Dell (a special offer again) for £10.

Good luck with you search.

curlylad 20:34 26 Oct 04

I am happily using a TIME system and when I did have a problem with the on/off switch I was asked to box just the tower up and 2 days later a guy collected it from the front door , and 2 days after that he returned with a new tower as the fault couldn't be repaired to a "satisfactory standard" so thats my two penneth worth !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…