Cheap Operating System - Where?

Jsimbaz 21:21 01 Mar 05

A client has £20 to buy an operating system, needs windows (98/ME) if necessary but i refused to install an illegal copy.

Any ideas?

josh.

tried ebay maybe lucky not to get a fake and i mean if your lucky

Jsimbaz 21:31 01 Mar 05

lol - if i do buy a os from ebay and i dnt check the legitimacy where do i stand legally?

Jak_1 21:32 01 Mar 05

You are unlikely to get a cheap copy unless it is a pirate however you should be able to get a legit copy cheaper at a computer fair.

Buying one on ebay presents another problem in that the copy for sale has probably already been registered with microshaft and to try and register it with them would cause them to be alerted!!!!!

Alan H E 21:33 01 Mar 05

There was a firm London Software Wholesalers Unit 110 28 Old Brompton Road SW7 3SS Tel 02077406777 don't know if they are still about.

Diodorus Siculus 21:33 01 Mar 05

Does it have to be windows? Try one of the free Linux options perhaps.

dont do that unless your very certain on what you or your clint knows that they are doing

but its great fun tring to work out what went wrong

Diodorus Siculus 21:41 01 Mar 05

With £20 to spend, I am not sure what else can be done. Maybe someone has one to spare...

Jsimbaz 21:45 01 Mar 05

DOES ANYONE WANT TO SELL ME A LEGIT O/S FOR £20?

THANKS!

mite have to be linux then :(

i will sell you a bent copy for a fiver!!!!!!

ok dont all have a heart attack only messin

Jsimbaz 21:48 01 Mar 05

lol - it's not me with the heart attacks, it's the client!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…