Cheap ISP's

Elrond 18:00 05 Jan 03
  Elrond 18:00 05 Jan 03

My mate wants the internet at his UNI digs and is after cheapest dervice possible. Any sugesstions for him?

brianthesnail 18:06 05 Jan 03

- usually go out of business very quickly.

Elrond 18:10 05 Jan 03

I guess i meant the cheapest reliable provider.

brianthesnail 18:16 05 Jan 03

My sons didn't bother with internet in their digs, they relied on the facilities provided by the uni. and got all their services for free. There were a few restrictions, I believe, but nothing major.

I would look into this as a first possibility.

acfc 18:24 05 Jan 03

Cheapest? ~ When does he want to use the connection and how much in the average month?

Virgin Net is reasonable for 'anytime' at £13.49/month and I always found it reliable. Freeserve is slightly more expensive at £13.99 but you get the first 3 months for £6.99 and there is no tie in contract.

Most of the pay as you go deals appear the same and the internet connection number can be designated 'best friend' if you have a BT line which make it very cost effective for off peak use.

jazzypop 19:30 05 Jan 03

click here and use the ISP Wizard (assuming you want an un-metered dialup account) - make sure to take note of the 'customer satisfaction' ratings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…