Cheap Internet Calls!

Marios 10:41 03 May 04

Hi again,
recently, in an article of the magazine (i can't remember which) VoIP was explained, tarrifs given as well as a USB phone. My question is:
Does the person you want to call have to have VoIP set up, USB phone as well as be on the internet at the time in order to talk to them? Is it worth it by the way? What is your experience?
Thanks for helping out,
Marios.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:46 03 May 04

There is always some software that needs installing. Personally I cannot see the point of all this, I use Messenger 6.2 for yacking to the colonies....the advantages are;

1) it is easily available and usually comes installed on most computers.

2) It is free.

3)The sound is crystal clear and one can have a video of one's ugly mug at the same time.

4)The 'alerts' work very well.

5) It does not seem to cause many conflicts.

Until any intenet phone service can beat this they are onto a loser.

G

byfordr 10:46 03 May 04

click here

Both people need it, oh and a mic!

HTH

R

byfordr 10:46 03 May 04

Never been able to get the sound to work on MSN, seems to be a common problem!

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:15 03 May 04

Are you using Messenger 6.2?

G

techpro 11:38 03 May 04

Try PicoPhone click here .

We also use Call18866.co.uk click here which uses the Internet to give cheap rates, but you can make calls using your phone.

byfordr 12:43 03 May 04

Must admit not tried it with 6.2

anniecat 13:10 03 May 04

me on 98SE... friend on XP.. used to be able to talk on messenger till she upgraded to xp.. can't use it any more.. connects & bumps immediately.. won't let us use net meeting ... given up trying but will try the 6.2 see if that works.. thanx

anniecat 13:22 03 May 04

if you're wanting to phone somebody's land line or mobile from your pc try callserve..click here I used it to call States land line.. have to pay for time up front but depending where you are ringing it can be pretty cheap.. U.K. used to be similar to BT rates but abroad was very competitive.. haven't used it for ages. (no-one to call..boo hoo )so can't tell you what the rates are now

Marios 14:01 03 May 04

Thank you all for your information, i think anniecat got the idea of what exactly i meant.
Cheers,Marios

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…