Cheap Inkjet Cartridges

Housten 10:54 AM 06 Jun 11

I know this subject has been done to death ( probably several times! ) but I didn't use my Epsom Stylus C70+ for a couple of years so I didn't need cartridges. However I have started using it again and now I need cartridges. I have managed to find where I last got them from and they have 3 sets of the 4 colour cartridges and an additional 3 blacks, 15 cartridges in total for £23.85, including VAT and post. Is this reasonable? It does to me but not having bought any for so long I googled for ‘cheap inkjet cartridges’ and it seemed reasonable, anyone have a different supplier or point of view about this?

PS Anyone having trouble getting on to the site this morning?? I had quite a job, but, obviously, managed it!

Nontek 11:44 AM 06 Jun 11

Yes, that is a very reasonable price. I mostly use Choice stationery compatibles for my Epson, works out at just under £2 per cartridge. I know they can be bought even cheaper, but I am happy with Choice.

onthelimit1 11:55 AM 06 Jun 11

There are so many to choose from, but I use 999 inks

kjrider 12:08 PM 06 Jun 11

I bought a cheap set of inks of Ebay for under a £5 with postage included.

KJR

Housten 12:41 PM 06 Jun 11

Many thanks for all your replies! At least it seems I appear to be getting a reasonable deal, which is all that I was hoping for!

Ian in Northampton 13:01 PM 06 Jun 11

If it's not too late, I'd caution against bulk buying of printer cartridges. I know you usually get a good deal but, in my experience, if you leave them lying around for too long, they tend to dry up and/or become slightly unreliable. I now pretty much just keep one complete set as spare. Of course, if you're constantly using the printer, it may be less of an issue.

I use Hornsea, by the way, and have found them good.

Strawballs 13:47 PM 06 Jun 11

If you have not used the printer for 2 yrs you might find any residue ink left in the machine will have dried up blocking the print heads and with Epsom printers that can be a problem as the heads are built in and not in the carts as with some other makes.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 review: Hands on with the £239 OnePlus Two '2016 flagship killer'

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…