Cheap HDD

Kudu 09:21 09 Jul 03

Anyone know where online i could get a cheap hard drive for old computer.Any speed,max.5GB.No computer fairs in my area.

Bodi 09:31 09 Jul 03

I wanted a 10GB max hard drive for an old computer and eventually managed to get hold of an 8GB second-hand one.

You may be able to get hold of one from a local computer shop, which does repairs and upgrades. That's where I got mine and was given a 3 month warranty with it too! It's still running after 6 months without problems.

If you buy privately, you may find, like I did, that the hard drive may fail very quickly (10 minutes to be precise) - in my case, the person I purchased it from refused to refund me the money. A case of buyer beware.

Bodi

Kudu 10:10 09 Jul 03

Thanks Bodi.Just thought there might be supplier who sold end of line/obsolete components at knockdown prices.I heard a small repair shop opened in my area so i'll try them.

Or look in skips.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…