Cheap email server or similar needed

DTM 16:31 23 Aug 04

I have a wireless home network of 3 desktops and a laptop. My emails are via catch all email boxes.

Is there a way (without getting Outlook server) of distributing emails to my family so they only get the emails sent to them on their computer and privacy is maintained.

At the moment the laptop downloads all emails but does not delete them from the ISP server (this was so I could use it away from home while still enabling the family to see their emails).

My desktop downloads all the emails and deletes them from the ISP server and the other two machines do not have email access yet.

Wasn't sure if there was a reasonably priced 3rd party package or a clever way with rules?

Sorry for length of posting. Thanks.

mgmcc 17:03 23 Aug 04

I think your solution may lie in using the "Identities" feature in Outlook Express so that individual identities can be set up for each member of the family with only their own POP3 mailbox set up within the identity.

This does, of course, mean that each must have their own email address, not simply an "alias" of a single email address. Many ISPs offer unlimited email addresses but in reality they are unlimited aliases for a "single" email account. You need to have separate email accounts.

If you use Outlook, as opposed to Outlook Express, I'm sure there is a way to do something similar but, knowing Outlook, it will be considerably more complex!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…