Cheap and cheerfull audio software?

Diemmess 10:55 06 Jan 04

Having neglected sound for a couple of years, can anyone please recommend software to allow music editing better than the basic Win98SE "Recorder"?

I once dabbled with Cool Edit demo (now Adobe Audition, with a price tag to match!) Also another program which no longer exists in my life.

That was a motherboard or two away from where I am now with onboard sound "Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio" - (according to device manager) running 98SE.

So as I said, Anyone know of adequate, not too elaborate, downloadable software?

mole44 10:59 06 Jan 04

i use a program from magix,cheap and does the job

spikeychris 11:37 06 Jan 04

"not too elaborate", if you've been playing with Cool Edit then EVERYTHING else is not too elaborate. I've got Cool Edit Pro 2 (formally known as) and every time I switch it on I find something new.

click here

click here

Try the above links for hundreds of links to freeware.

Chris

bill sykes 11:39 06 Jan 04

but take a look at Goldwave 4.26 from click here. You can use it for free with just a few restrictions.

Diemmess 11:53 06 Jan 04

With a "tranch" like that it will take more than a while to browse through it. There has to be something there to suit me.

When I say I dabbled with Cool Edit (limited) I probably shuddered and tried something else instead, but cannot remember what it was!

leo49 11:57 06 Jan 04

You must have a copy of Nero lying around - the Wave editor included with that is as good as any.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…