Cheap and cheerful AVI player?

Diemmess 10:46 25 Nov 03

Tending to shun AV stuff on my computer in the interests of keeping it simple, was asked how to open some files now on a CD which came from a "digital camera" (I assumed they were jpg format)

They are all "avi" files.... On this computer they linked automatically with Winamp, but on a Mac notebook they duly opened as short movie clips.

Which AVI player do you recommend, bearing in mind that it had best be a free download........ The pictures were taken by my daughter of her brother's children, and he is not one to spend much time or money on his computer!

dth 10:58 25 Nov 03

WMP

keith-236785 11:06 25 Nov 03

click here for the free divx player.

Diemmess 11:16 25 Nov 03

Tried "WMP" the playing time was nearly as short as your laconic message.....

I seem to have a problem with WMP anyway, it seems jammed in fast forward! Nothing showed on screen, and sound was one short demented squeak.

Thanks paperman27 I haven't had time to go to the site yet but will give it a try.

MidgetMan 12:34 25 Nov 03

jet audio

Terrahawk 12:38 25 Nov 03

quick time

Diemmess 14:51 25 Nov 03

Thanks to everyone........ I will post a new thread because it seems I have the software but have not configured it properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…