cheap broadband (sorry again but i need help)

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 13:22 13 Apr 03

Right...... brfore anyone says look at the other posts about broadband... i have and got me even more confused! (sorry)
After months of complaining to bt FINALLY my exchange is to be enabled from 30.04.03, so i will be able to get broadband as of then. I am keen to get it started as close to the date as possible as i have waited long enough...but i am unsure as to the best broadband provider. Below is what i want from the provider....
1. 2 email address(me and the wife)
2. modem and microfilters (preferably free or cheap)
3. pay bil by direct debit (as i have no card)
4. not expensive activation
5. fast speeds and reliability
..... i have looked at nildram(cant really afford to pay out £100 for activation etc) zen (same as nildram) force9 ( dont like the email addresses! sorry to be picky and it is £33 per month) looked at tiscali seems good with free modem etc etc but have heard some bad reports about them, bt(heard horror stories and they dont give you an email)
I would be very thankful if you could sort out my problem i know i am fussy but i dont want to skint myself/get ripped off.
Also about microfilters.... my pc is upstairs with and extension lead to the mail phone socket downstairs, this houses phone,sky tv and the modem extension. how many microfilters would i need?

Please please can you fix it for me to get broadband! lol

pj123 13:35 13 Apr 03

Do you have NTL in your area? If so, try them. they do 128kb for £15 or 600kb (which is what I am on) for £25 and 1mb (i don't know the cost)

£15 for 128kb is cheaper than AOLs dialup connection (£16) which is why i switched from AOL to NTL BB

Pesala 13:36 13 Apr 03

You haven't mentioned it, but it is one of the cheapest, only £14.99 a month with free installation (one year contract though). Plenty of help horror stories about to put you off, but also lots of satisfied customers like me. Only one question, "Is it available in your area?"

One special benefit. It uses a cable so doesn't interfere with the phone line. Easily upgradeable to 512K or 1Mbyte service if your needs expand. I find 128K is adequate - I regularly download 20 Mbytes files.

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 13:40 13 Apr 03

i am not in an ntl or telewest area sorry about that

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 15:38 13 Apr 03

oh and needless to say i wont be using aol.

phil 16:14 13 Apr 03

Try this click here

£69 all in setup and £23.99 p/m after that.

If you had been quicker you could have had it for £19.99 and £23.99 p/m before March 31st.

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 16:57 13 Apr 03

oh i am gutted pipex sounded so good but i have no credit card. i want to pay my subscription by direct debit.....

CAN ANYONE HELP?

he he :-)™ 17:17 13 Apr 03

I don't think you can get many that don't charge by card... click here

pj123 18:18 13 Apr 03

If you have a telephone number for Pipex, ring them. If they want you as a customer I am sure they will come to some arrangement.

Megatyte 21:02 13 Apr 03

Try PlusNet

click here

Unlimited e-mail addresses(you can literally have thousands!) and you can spread the cost of the modem and connection fee over the first 12 months. Payment by credit, debit or direct debit.

£20 per month or £23 if you need file sharing capabilities.

AH

Megatyte 21:09 13 Apr 03

You'll need a filter for any socket with a telecom device connected (phone ,sky, answerphone etc). Most package give you 2 filters. Extra ones available at e-buyer for less than £1.50 each.

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…