chat setup project help!

a2b 10:44 04 May 03

Can any one help?
I wish to start my own chat room service up!
I have 30Mb of free web space from my ISP to try my project out on then I can move up and obtain more space later and I have registered the name
but what I really need is help with the software?
What do I need to achieve this project?
And there any free software to help me achieve this
My setup is
Win 98se
AMD Athlon 1Ghz
512Mb
Cable modem 512kbs
Please can any one help me with this project?
Thanks
Big c

tbh72 13:13 04 May 03

Many Many Many people use the online chat server's which are available. The reasons for this become all to apperent when you end up with a busy community. There are so many services available I couldn't possible list them all here.

I use CHAT-FORUM whom provides JAVA chat room's & they can quite literally make you what you need. They do a free chat room, but by the scope of what you are looking for you should opt for a paid for service. Setup is approximately £100 and the monthly subscription is approximately £15.

I know your probably thinking this is quite costly, but bear in mind the benefits.

CHATFORUM host your chatroom, so wether you have 10 chatters or 1000 chatters you don't have to worry about bandwidth and how this would affect the performance of your website. They offer 3 standard services or a custom service. I have yet to find someone who is using the custom service. which mean they obviously cater for most senerios.

click here is an example of it's use

click here is where you can get your own chat room.

tbh72 13:14 04 May 03

Oooop's @ example

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…