Chassis Fan 1?

Graphicool1 13:30 PM 25 Dec 11
Answered

Anyone got any idea which PC chassis fan would be number 1? As every time I turn on my PC I get a warning pop up, telling me that...

"Chassis Fan 1 isn't reaching the required 'RPM' quick enough. It does, eventually, But if I knew which fan it was referring to I could check for dust or replacement.

I'm thinking that perhaps it's the front one? It's just that the front one isn't too easy to get to, so the odds are that is the one!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:12 PM 25 Dec 11
Answer

disconnect from the motherboard and reboot

it will tell you which one has failed and then you'll know which is which.

KRONOS the First 14:18 PM 25 Dec 11

You would really need to post your mobo make and model as the only fan that should cause an error message is the CPU fan. But it is possible that the fan settings are set to low in the BIOS,you can,alter fan error notification settings in the BIOS.

Graphicool1 16:32 PM 25 Dec 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\

It hasn't failed, it just takes a little longer to reach the PC's disired rpm.

Chronus

It isn't the CPU, that has it's own sensor.

Mobo: ASUSTek P8H61-M LE/USB3 Rev x.0x

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc.

The Chassis/Case is a 'Cooler Master'

I've looked in the BIOS, it's well good at scare mongering. By showing that a chassis fan - in red - is taking to long to build up its revs. But it doesn't say which Chassis fan is slow to pick up!? I guess that would be to helpfull.

It only has to say something along the lines of...

Chassis Fan 1 - Front

Chassis Fan 2 - Rear etc

KRONOS the First 16:49 PM 25 Dec 11

As *Fruit Bat /\0/* said unplug one then boot if you get the error you know which one it is and you can alter the settings. You will find the settings in advanced mode in the monitor section of the BIOS. Chapter 2 section 6 part 2 of the manual.

Graphicool1 15:53 PM 26 Dec 11

Thanks for your input guys and for the easy solution from Fruit Bat /\0/\

ICF 06:46 AM 27 Dec 11

According to the manual you only have two fan connectors on that motherboard.One of these is for the CPU fan so trace the wire back to the case fan.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…