Chase Advanced Technologies -Are they still going.

jack 10:13 05 Jun 04

Chase Advanced Technologies makers of the
'Swift series of Card readers
Are they still going?
A google will only tyurn up old review pages and
similar.
I need to get hold of a 'driver' for 2000/XP for
a USB smart card reader.

Or will 2000/XP run it as a 'generic' USB device?

Gongoozler 10:36 05 Jun 04

Hi jack. Like you I have only managed to find old info and broken links for Chase Advanced Technologies. Have you tried searching Driverguide click here. You will need a username and password, so you should first register. You will then be given the username "drivers" and the password "all".

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:38 05 Jun 04

XP should auto-recognise it.

G

jack 14:04 05 Jun 04

Thanks to Gandalf and Gongoozler
This is for my mates machine that I shall be attending to on Monday - will take the swift software out and see what the O/S says it can find- then take the 'Driver guide' route if that fails
and if that fails He'll have to buy hisself a new one Computer fair coming up next weekend.

Graham ® 15:02 05 Jun 04

Managed to trace Chase phone number in Bradford, but it's unavailable. Have a look in Device Manager for the driver details. Don't remove them unless he has the Swift CD.

spuds 17:27 05 Jun 04

Company Registration 02240768:Chase Advanced Technologies c/o KPMG 1,The Embankment,Neville Street, Leeds, LS1 4DW

jack 08:44 08 Jun 04

Thank you Spud's
That should put a cap on the query, however on taking a look at my mates machine yesterday two things came up.
The Software for the Reader does contain a Win2000 folder with appropriate contents.
OK sez me lets install!
Ecept the install wizard refused to acknowledge that any thing there it wanted.
So I copied of from the CD onto a floppy
Directed the install wizard to 'A' drive
'Nuffin there' it said
So I am now pondering a 'Copy' and paste method
Copy is the the easy bit -
Where should it be pasted to?

Gongoozler 22:16 08 Jun 04

Hi jack. I can't tell you anything specific for the card reader or Windows 2000, but generally a driver needs to be installed, not just copied and pasted. The driver folder normally contains a .inf file. The installer (in most versions of Windows this would be via the "Add new hardware" wizard) will look for this .inf file for instructions on what to do next. You can, if you want, copy the contents of the Win2000 folder, paste it to a new location, and direct the installer to the .inf file in the new location. Some other driver installations use a .exe file (often setup.exe). Double clicking that starts the installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…