Charging, battery & CMOS problems

Crab65 08:46 AM 04 Aug 12

Hi everyone. A few weeks ago the ac charger for my Asus F7 gave up, so I bought another one. However, (coincidentally?) my battery has not been charging properly since, even though I have tried other chargers. Now the battery is totally dead. Additionally the time & date has reset to 2008 each time the laptop is shut down. Replaced the CMOS battery but this didn't make any difference. Could something have shorted/broken that will affect both batteries or does the CMOS battery rely on a little power from the main battery to keep it going? Does anyone have an idea what could have gone wrong as I am loathe to spend >£30 on a new battery if there's nothing wrong with it? Thanks for looking.

Aitchbee 09:17 AM 04 Aug 12

Although this is not a solution (it's the best I can think of)...just try putting your computer into hibernation mode (when closing down) so the clock stays at the right time.When I close (the lid on) my laptop, it does just that.

HenryF75 09:24 AM 04 Aug 12

Your problem could stem from a faulty battery. Have you tried removing the battery and running your netbook on mains.

onthelimit1 09:46 AM 04 Aug 12

After replacing the CMOS battery, did you go into BIOS to setup the time?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…