Charging, battery & CMOS problems

Crab65 04 Aug 12

Hi everyone. A few weeks ago the ac charger for my Asus F7 gave up, so I bought another one. However, (coincidentally?) my battery has not been charging properly since, even though I have tried other chargers. Now the battery is totally dead. Additionally the time & date has reset to 2008 each time the laptop is shut down. Replaced the CMOS battery but this didn't make any difference. Could something have shorted/broken that will affect both batteries or does the CMOS battery rely on a little power from the main battery to keep it going? Does anyone have an idea what could have gone wrong as I am loathe to spend >£30 on a new battery if there's nothing wrong with it? Thanks for looking.

Aitchbee 04 Aug 12

Although this is not a solution (it's the best I can think of)...just try putting your computer into hibernation mode (when closing down) so the clock stays at the right time.When I close (the lid on) my laptop, it does just that.

HenryF75 04 Aug 12

Your problem could stem from a faulty battery. Have you tried removing the battery and running your netbook on mains.

onthelimit1 04 Aug 12

After replacing the CMOS battery, did you go into BIOS to setup the time?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message