al 19:44 13 Apr 03

unable to access pound sign. not in the symble list.

  kennyambler 19:47 13 Apr 03

Is your key board set up as english or American

  al 21:16 13 Apr 03

yes its set to english.

  Glyn-252301 22:59 13 Apr 03

Untill you find a permanant answer, you will get £ sign by holding down Alt whilst pressing numbers 125, on releasing Alt the £ sign will appear.

Hope that this helps. Regards G.

  monkeyshine 23:35 13 Apr 03

Where is the £ sign located on your K/B?

  monkeyshine 23:39 13 Apr 03

I presume you mean £ and not the "gate" also known as "pound"

  Pesala 23:32 14 Apr 03

It is possible that some fonts do not have a £ sign.

  DieSse 00:14 15 Apr 03

Do you mean it's not a character in the Symbol font set - if so, that's correct. It is a character in most regular fonts though.

If you've got a UK keyboard, and your system is set for a UK keyboard, then it's on the keyboard anyway. If the pound key does not produce a pound character, then your keyboard is not set correctly - which OS are you using?

  DieSse 18:08 15 Apr 03

By email

"Hi .Thanks for your message. Yes its the pound sign thats with the figure 3,on the keyboard, but I keep getting the hash sign instead. Am using Win ME. My ALT is also in the wrong place too, its with the figure 2.
Cheers Al."

You need to set your system up for a UK layout keyboard. What OS are you using?

  DieSse 18:09 15 Apr 03

Sorry - you said ME - must put my specs on!

Go to Control Panel - Keyboards - and change layout to British.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…