Channel change a router

StellaArtois63 20:50 PM 11 Oct 11

I have recently purchased an Xbox slim for my son which has a built in wireless adapter. Since he has had this he gets a poor connection on Xbox live, the previous Xbox had the external adaptor which worked fine but sold it thinking he would not need it with the new improved built in wi-fi.I have also tried my xbox in his room and there was no difference, so we know its not the Xbox I have been searching for ideas to improve this and it has been suggested that we change the channel the router is set on, or buying various other pieces of kit like boosters etc. I have a Netgear WNR 1000v2 and have not the foggiest idea how to change channels. Could some one possibly explain how to do this please.

StellaArtois63 21:44 PM 11 Oct 11

I have just solved this my self and was simple to do. I logged in to my router clicked, on wireless settings under the set up category, and where it says channel there is a drop down box with Auto (which mine was set on) and channels listed 1 to 13. I selected 3 (not really sure why 3)and then apply, then it did its thing of connecting and hey presto he has a good connection. So hopefully this seems to have worked, but will monitor it over the next few days to make sure it has improved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…