changing windows nt workstation 4.0 for windows 98

lemo 17:29 02 Jun 03

i have just bought a secondhand laptop,trouble is it has windows nt workstation 4.0 on it.i have tried to install windows 98 se on it but it wont run with workstation.this is all new to me so can anybody please tell me in simple terms how to uninstall workstation or how to shut it down completely so i can run/install windows 98se.
thank you

recap 19:29 02 Jun 03

You will first have to delete NT 4 by doing an Fdisk on your hard drive. click here for step by step instructions on how to Fdisk.

Kitz E Kat 21:34 02 Jun 03

Not sure recap, fdisk wont work on a NTFS partition, which NT4 could be on,if it is you will have to delete this before loading 98,partition magic will allow this, or if you have access to a NT4 ,2000 or XP, disc you can use this to delete the partition during the install process as soon as you have deleted the partition cancel the install, and then FDISK the drive with a 98 Boot disk.

Lú-tzé 21:39 02 Jun 03

click here for the same thread repeated.

lemo - I think you should close one and continue the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…