Changing Windows looks..

BaboonBoy22 10:51 25 Aug 05

Can anyone recommend a easy to use and free program for customizing the windows skin. Seen a couple on the net but thought I'd ask the collective knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

BaboonBoy22 16:16 25 Aug 05

^

Chegs ® 16:27 25 Aug 05

click here

This guide is to change the "Start" button,the page also carries links to other apps to change all kinds in XP(Styles XP)There is also an app called Window Blinds,which I have,but never used.

mattyc_92 17:45 25 Aug 05

"Stardock's WindowBlinds" from click here

There is a free version and a "pay-for" version which just has a few more features.

dagwoood 19:46 25 Aug 05

If you download and run this Uxtheme Multi-patcher click here you can then install MS Style/Style XP themes.

Here's a link page for some theme sites click here The themes on Belchfire are quite good.

N.B.AVOID ThemeXP.org. The themes on there come bundled with adware/spyware.

HTH, dagwoood.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:24 25 Aug 05

I have Style XP and it works very well in it's most recent version. I downloaded the themes I have a long time ago, now, as pointed out by Dagwood, they seem to be infested with spy/adware. Unless you can get old themes from a friend I would not recommend it to new users.

mattyc_92 21:07 25 Aug 05

" N.B.AVOID ThemeXP.org. The themes on there come bundled with adware/spyware"

That is not completely true..... I have been using ThemeXP.org for about 2 years now, and I noticed almost straight away that if you keep rejecting the download (when it is an *.exe file) you will be able to download a CLEAN Zip version which contains the theme/logon/bootscreen/icon set/etc... which will have NO spyware at all.

I agree though, that they *DO* try to get users to download the infected versions (aka the *.exe version)

ACOLYTE 00:03 26 Aug 05

I have lots of themes from Theme.xp and also from
click here this is a good site i use this a lot for all different kinds of stuff,i have never gotten spyware from either site although i have seen the comment the author has generalsy allowed,but has has been said dont dload the .exe file you can get clean zips if you look around the site.

ACOLYTE 00:04 26 Aug 05

I have lots of themes from Theme.xp and also from
click here this is a good site i use this a lot for all different kinds of stuff,i have never gotten spyware from either site although i have seen the comment the author has generalsy allowed,but has has been said dont dload the .exe file you can get clean zips if you look around the site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…