Changing User Accounts

J B 11:09 17 May 06

I'm not sure if that is the right title for this thread, however here goes. At present there are two user accounts on my computer (me ant the wife). I have been thinking about taking one account off. Reason being that the only people who have access is us and we both are administrators. My question is how do I go about taking one account off the computer? Is there a special way of doing so and if there is what do I do about the data that is saved in one account? Would transfer of data be in order and if so how could I do that as seemlessly as possible? I'm talking about word, excel and e-mail documents. J.B.

mattyc_92 11:17 17 May 06

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>" and simply copy (or cut and paste) folders, files, etc... in any of the subfolders into another location on the hard-disc (where <username> is the user account that you want to remove)
Next, go to "Start->Control Panel->User Accounts" and click the username that you want to remove. Click the "Delete Account" option.

Now, finally, you will need to perform this simple tweak:
Click "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (without the quotation marks) and untick the "Users must supply username and password to access this computer" option (or words to that effect)

You have now successfully backed up the files from the user account and removed the account from the system

J B 19:01 17 May 06

Thank you for the help. Will try this out, but I think I will make a restore point first Do you think that this is prudent? J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009